Photo Credit: Paul Orr
Welcome to the National Ski Patrol Southern Vermont Region website
Registration Now Open For The Southern Vermont Patroller School.
Skier Enhancement Women’s Clinic Snowboard Enhancement
Telemark Enhancement Senior Level Training Toboggan Enhancement
Certified level Training
- Skier Enhancement- This program will be taught and delivered by a Killington Ski Level III Instructor. Over the course of the day, the instructor will cover the essential fundamentals of skiing.
- Snowboard Enhancement- This program will be taught and delivered by a Killington Snowboard Instructor. Over the course of the day, the instructor will cover the essential fundamentals of snowboarding.
- Telemark Enhancement- This program will be taught and delivered by a Telemark Instructor. Over the course of the day, the instructor will cover the essential fundamentals of telemark skiing.
- Toboggan Enhancement Seminar- the TES is a thorough review and guided practice of toboggan handling procedures. It is designed to provide instruction and guided practice on proper usage and handling of alpine rescue toboggans. This program addresses the fundamental skills of properly utilizing alpine snow sport equipment. The course applies these skills to proper, efficient and safe handling of rescue toboggans.
- Woman’s Clinic- The woman’s clinic is specifically designed for woman whom may feel a bit more comfortable learning and training with other woman. You will train on various types of terrain. We will have Woman NSP Instructors of all levels to make sure you get the training and resource’s you need.
- Senior Level Training- This clinic is being provided for those patrollers looking to be challenged a little beyond basic skiing and toboggan handling. You will train with Sr Evaluators (TE’s) to help prepare you for a future exam or to just sharpen your skills. You will most likely train on steeper moguled terrain if available.
- Certified Level Training- This training is specifically guided to those patrollers looking to train at the highest level of skill the NSP has to offer. Most likely on extremely difficult terrain or gladed terrain.
Questions: Contact Justin Guth Tel: 802-417-9367 Email
Click Here for Registration Form
New Events: MTR Women’s Clinic and MTR Challenge
New Hampshire Region NSP Women’s Program is offering the following program on January 28th 2018 “Rope Low-angle Rescue and Safe backcountry travel practices”. All interested SVT patrollers are welcome to attend.
Location: Ragged Mountain Ski Resort
Questions: Contact Deb Brown Tel: 617-257- 4590 Email
There is a MTR Challenge at North Creek Snow Bowl, Gore Mountain, NY on March 4th 2018. Check out the link below for additional information.
Questions: Contact Patrick Haughton: firstname.lastname@example.org
News: Senior OEC Clinic
Below are some photos of the recent Senior OEC Clinic held at Stratton Mountain on Dec 17th. A full day of Senior level OEC practice scenarios that put the candidates through there paces in preparation for there Senior Level Evaluation in February.
A big thank you to Stratton Mountain Ski Patrol, TE’s and patients for hosting a very successful event. Next up Bromley on January 7th 2018.
Congratulations to the newly elected board members !!